Monday, March 1, 2010

Monkey Bread

Adam talks big; like he doesn't walk in the house when I am baking and just throw himself at me in gratitude. He makes it sound like I force feed him the cake dips and the monkey bread. I am perfectly content to eat them all myself, especially lately, since the late-term prego cravings have kicked in. (read: I bought a Costco-sized box of ice cream bars, have been known to eat three cake dips while hovering over the plate, and considered getting out of bed in the middle of the night for a cookie... and I don't even really like sweets!)

But, for those who are interested in the monkey bread... this is what it looks like in all its glory. Yum! I used the recipe from here. However, I didn't make the cream cheese glaze. I just poured the leftover butter and cinnamon sugar over the top of the pan and called it good.

It was delicious. We ate half of it for breakfast on Saturday morning. Yes, I did get up and put it in the oven and then go back to bed for 40 minutes. No use being up and drooling over the oven.

When you flip the bread out of the pan, the bottom becomes the top. And the top is covered in gooey, yummy caramely delicious-ness. In my opinion, this makes the cream cheese glaze useless. However, after you eat the top half, the bottom half is a little sad. I think the glaze would be perfect here.

And, although I did make the dough from scratch... because it really is easy and I already had everything it called for... I suppose you could use refrigerated. But, it seems so much more impressive to make it from scratch. Plus, it gives my KitchenAid some love!

No comments: