Friday, February 26, 2010

Temptation all around

I've been feeling fat lately-uh, let me start over. This is Adam, and I've been feeling fat lately. I've even started working out. Well, I've tried to create the habit of running a few times a week. Some weeks I'm more successful than others.
Today I got back on the running horse. I run a 3 mile loop around the neighborhood. Not much, but I feel better afterward.

Today I felt fat. Laura saw me looking at my gut and mentioned that I haven't run for a few days. She then went on to remind me that the last time she encouraged me to go out I bit her head off, so she wasn't telling me anything, just observing. I told her she needs to encourage me even if I bite her head off. She told me to go run. I yelled at her that "I just got home and I'm tired." She backed off. She's not very good at encouraging sometimes.

Actually, she's been downright bad today. I eventually went out for a run. And I felt better when I returned. But I came home to chocolate cake dips and the ingredients for Monkey Bread: cinnamon roll dough dipped in butter rolled in cinnamon sugar. And I'm supposed to stay in shape in this house? Yeah, right.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Hmmm... monkey bread. May I please have this recipe? It sounds good. I don't mind if I get fat... been there, done that. The worst part, for you, Adam, is as soon as that baby is out, Laura will be super skinny again in no time! Praying for you both and Baby D!