Sunday, February 7, 2010

Mommy to be


Mommy to be
Originally uploaded by ilovefremont2001
Hey everybody,

Just wanted to give a quick update. Yesterday we were at the hospital for our first birthing class. It actually wasn't as bad as my nightmares. Yes, I had nightmares about it! I dreamed that everyone in the class chastised me when I said that the video of a birth was gross.

In reality, we did watch a video of a birth. And it was gross. But I didn't say anything out loud. However, Laura says that the grimace across my face said enough.

The only other item of note was the placenta sock puppet. Our instructor enjoyed swimming it around the room like it was a jellyfish. She also enjoyed placing it between her legs so as to show what the umbilical cord would look like...uh...well, you should get the picture. And if you don't then you are better off for it.

No comments: