Monday, March 1, 2010

Baby Room Revealed

Oh my. I posted the nursery sneak peak 6 weeks ago. How time flies when you wake up huger than you thought humanly possible every day!
Well, the wait is over. The baby room is done DONE DONE! Do you know what that means? The baby needs to COME! And that you get to see pictures and read all the details about the room.

Without further ado...
the view as you walk in
the view from the incredibly comfortable reclining rocker
the view from the crib
the bookshelf that Adam so handily assembled, but more importantly,
the orange and blue canvas bins I have been stalking for three months!

shelves over the dresser


Nearly everything in the baby's room was either a gift, or purchased with a gift card. We were so blessed to be able to put together such an amazing room. The crib and dresser are from the Nordells, the rocker was a gift from my parents, all the books and toys were gifts (other than the orange hippo in the crib... I paid $5 for that at Ikea because I couldn't imagine myself without it; oh and the puppy on the bookshelf... that was mine when I was a baby). The bookshelf, canvas bins, and blue laundry hampers were all purchased at Target with gift cards (so much more fun to shop with giftcards!). The blanket is handmade by Ashley. The framed print on the bookshelf is a card from my cousin Paula, the Eiffel Tower print is from the Welbourns. The "Once upon a time" print was a DIY project by yours truly.

And there you have it, the baby's room. We both love it and I find myself gravitating toward the rocker. I think it might be the most comfortable spot in the house. This room is definitely the only completed room in the house, and probably the cutest too. And now, if its occupant would please vacate his current quarters...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice. Can't wait for the guest of honor to arrive.
Captain Duke

Robin said...

It looks gorgeous, Laura. You guys did a great job! Love, love, love it. Just needs a cute little boy in it!

Andrew & Danica said...

Looks wonderful! And, I absolutely support your purchase of the hippo. :0) Come quickly little one...

grandma b said...

Wow!! You guys have really worked hard in there the last 2 weeks. It looks so inviting. Can't wait to sit in that rocker with Baby D.
Love it and you. See you SOON!

Anonymous said...

I love it. Now all is ready for our little darling. Gigi

Sheryl said...

What a beautiful and inviting room for Baby D. Everything is in place. It won't be long before the occupant arrives.
Mrs. R.

Jenn said...

So cute. I've been behind in my blog reading. Can't wait to see the cute baby that will occupy the cute room.