Wednesday, March 3, 2010

slight OCD

I may be slightly OCD (CDO, if you know what I mean...). I have this insane need for things to be lined up, stacked evenly, and preferably color-coordinated. So, the state of our desk was enough to drive me crazy every time I sat down to pay bills. There was a pile of receipts (ok, mostly from Babies R Us, but a pile nonetheless), notecards, CDs ready to be legally burned, webcam ready for the arrival of baby D, cords galore, and a stack of magazine cutouts that were waiting to be turned into an inspirational "idea book" (the idea for which I stole from Robin).

I had been lusting after some storage boxes from the Container Store (oh how I wanted two grey ones and two green ones...). Because the container store is like a drug for those of us who like to organize... it's like you can walk in the store and all is right with the world because everything has its own place and a container. It is addiciting.

I digress. I was unwilling to pay $53.98 for four paper boxes. Although I did hover over the "order" button on more than one occasion. And had been known to periodically visit them online. However, I was rescued from my box envy when I was in Ikea. I found these and these... and bought a set of each for... $8.98. Even after assembling them, because it just wouldn't be Ikea without "some assembly required", it was still a bargain.

I found a cutie binder at Target... organized my magazing clippings and VOILA... organization that makes me smile.

2 comments:

mom said...

Having been there just a few weeks ago, I can appreciate how much more organized your desk is. Looks real good. Mom

Anonymous said...

I like how you point out that OCD people refer to it as CDO. You know, because that is the proper alphabetical order...

Rickles