Wednesday, April 7, 2010

the man

What is it about a man with a baby??

Adam loves his son. Enough to wear the Baby Bjorn on a walk around the neighborhood and be proud.
Adam loves me enough to get up at 5 AM to change a diaper and console Garrett until I can force myself out of bed to nurse.
Adam loves his son enough to not gag at a full diaper or projectile vomit on the couch.
Adam loves me enough to do the dishes every night, even when he is exhausted, so I don't have to face them in the morning.
Adam loves his son enough to take hundreds of pictures and show them to his students and the whole staff... just because.
Adam loves me enough to ride his bike to work everyday so that Garrett and I can be mobile.
Adam loves his son enough to kiss him goodbye every morning and then hello again as soon as he walks in the door after work.
Adam loves me enough to kiss me right after he kisses Garrett... sometimes before.

We are fast becoming a true family of three (well, four, since we count the dog!). And Adam is the man of that family. And I love him dearly.

5 comments:

grandma b said...

You are an awesome couple & I feel blessed to watch you becoming a family of 4(dogs are included!)
Love ya all.

Anonymous said...

Beautifully written, Laura.
I am blessed beyond measure to witness the family growth.
Mom D

Sheryl said...

Love it!

Unknown said...

How does it go... what God puts together let no man tear apart....A family, yes with Christ as the head and Adam in the lead with lots of love to go around for all 4, especially Garrett.
God bless. Love Dad B

Adam and Laura said...

That is the sweetest thing I've ever read. I guess I should go tell my wife now.