Friday, April 23, 2010

Garrett Central

What? I know. Who would have thought this blog would have turned into Garrett Central the second he was born. Not me. I mean, I assumed that even with a newborn I would still have the time, energy and motivation to read new novels, try new recipes, and generally maintain our highly interesting lives. Ok, our life has had a serious drop in interestingness since leaving Germany (oh, how we pine for a hike in the Black Forest, a trip to cut flowers in the Blumen fields, a Fenferlei Salat at Funfschilling...). I digress.

I have this desire to still be me. To have something interesting to contribute to conversations that does not involve baby poop, baby spit up, or sleep deprivation. And yet, it seems like my life generally revolves around those three things. That, and laundry. I guess it is a good thing that we don't get out much...

The funny thing is, the only thing anyone wants to discuss with me is Garrett. How is he eating? How is he sleeping? Are you guys getting any sleep at night? Etc, etc. The very things that consume my life, everyone else is interested in too.

So, I will give the people what the people want...

Sleep- we had a rough go for a couple of days... no sleeping during the day, no sleeping at night. We may or may not be directly blaming the week of non-stop cuddling with Grandparents DeClercq for this issue. However, we are on the road to recovery and even got 5, that's right 5 hours of sleep in a row last night.
Spit up- Garrett has christened just about everything in our house. However, it seems like I get the brunt of it.
Eating- this child can eat like it is going out of style. You would think we are starving him (which if you take one look at his chubby cheeks, his roly poly body, or the rolls on his arms, you would know better!) when he eats... he gulps and gulps and then throws his head back with his arms over his head, with a little dribble of milk down his chin and collapses into the sleep of a satisfied man.

What else? oh. You want a picture?

Ok. Here you go...

3 comments:

grandma b. said...

Is this Garrett's worried look--"Mommy, are you going to feed me?" Too cute.

Heather said...

The same thing happened to our blog after Ezra's birth! And don't worry, eventually you will get to read new novels, try new recipes, & just generally be you again. Or at least mostly you. There is still that adorable, yet needy person who occupies a large part of your day! Thanks for the update on Garrett! He is SO cute!

Laina Diane said...

Ummm...you know I love little Garrett as much as the next Auntie, but that picture is freaky. It looks like he's choking himself and looking up to mom for help.