Thursday, January 29, 2009

TRUTH

Truth... with a capital "T". God's Truth.

We are going through the Truth Project which is a 12-session series on the different aspects of a Biblical worldview. It is phenomenal and I would wholeheartedly recommend that you go through it if you get a chance.
Partially because of the study and partially because I think God is rearranging things in my head, I have been spending a lot of time deep in thought about what God's Truth looks like in my life. Not what truth is to me, but what my life would look like if I lived it according to God's Truth.
The Truth Project proposes a haunting question: Do you believe that what you believe is really real? It is haunting because we are quick to answer "of course, I do!" but the more you think about it, the deeper you go into your attitude and worries, the more it haunts you. It has been haunting me. And I have begun to ponder: how would my life look differently if I really, really, really believed that God is...
the only Provider. Would I worry? Would I covet someone's cute earrings? Would I spend more than I had? Would I spend money on stuff that has no real value? Would I buy something just because it was on sale?

omnipotent. Would I obsessively make to-do lists? Would I bemoan the economic downturn around the world?

the Answerer of Prayers. Would I complain less and pray more? Would I pray for things that seem silly, like parking places, without feeling silly? Would I go from having trouble concentrating while praying to having trouble stopping? Would I ever say "I'll pray for you" and then forget?

And on and on and on. Everything we "believe" to be true about God, about man, about sin, about the world, about work, about marriage, about everything could be listed here. If we really believed it was true, why do we live like we don't?

Needless to say, pondering the practical outpouring of God's Truth in my life has filled numerous journal pages and caused me to spend many hours wrestling with ideas. Allow yourself to really ponder this question, to allow it to soak into your thoughts and penetrate to your core; it will change your life.


L

3 comments:

Robin said...

Our Young Married group is doing this too. We're nearly through it. Very informative.

Pastor Eldred said...

Mission Peak in Fremont is also hosting this study. I am immensely enjoying it; and the boys love it, too.

Renelle Davis said...

Is it a Bible study that you can buy the book/material for?? Sounds interesting!!! Let me know!