Sunday, February 1, 2009

Spring Cleaning

Yesterday morning Adam and I got the cleaning bug. So we did our normal vacuum, dust, clean the bathroom and kitchen routine. But, the sunshine encouraged us to do some spring cleaning. Adam swept up the dead leaves on our walkway and stairs outside. Things still look surprisingly dead, even with the leaves gone. That was a little depressing.

While Adam was sweeping, I decided to tackle our windows. Since we live on the top floor, many of our windows are in the pitched roof. It allows for lovely sunshine, but I think they get dirtier than regular windows. So, I attacked the first window... in the bathroom. I opened it and spun it as far as it would go so that the outside of the window was facing the inside. I had to stand on a chair to reach the whole thing. So, I wiped off the dirt (I am embarassed by how much dirt there really was). Then I sprayed it down with German Windex. I reached down to grab the paper towels and when I stood back up to wipe the window to clean shininess... it was frozen. The Windex froze on the window! I had to scrape the Windex ice off of the window. Apparently January 31st is too early for Spring cleaning in Kandern. Just because the sun comes out for a couple of hours does not mean your Windex won't freeze to the window on contact with the outside world. Lesson learned.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least doing some house cleaning probably warmed you up, that's something! love, Mom D

Anonymous said...

I heard that water and vinegar mixed together will melt away the ice on windshields. Haven't tried it yet, but who knows
Pops

Adam and Laura said...

I think I will just wait for Spring. I would not be happy to have to scrape frozen vinegar off my windows!
Laura