Sunday, December 21, 2008

5... dozen Christmas cookies
4 of us girls, ladies, whatever, (I never know the appropriate term. I don't really feel old enough to be a "lady") got together on Friday to bake in my big classroom kitchen. We made buckeyes, known to us West Coasters as peanut butter balls, toffee nut bars, and sugar cookies. I attempted twice to make almond roca but I was a terrible failure. The girls assured me it must be the German butter or the German sugar, and not me that was the problem. Regardless, I threw out a lot of ruined butter sugar. Big ol' bummer for me.
I only took a few cookies home since it is just the two of us this Christmas. I didn't figure we needed 30 peanut butter balls. Because honestly, then we would eat them all and would have to climb a lot of stairs to not have that have a lasting effect.
However, the best part was that Adam earned a nickname... the Sugar Vacuum. Due to his unnatural ability to consume LARGE amounts of anything containing sugar.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious. But, be careful, Adam. You have your papa's genes. Loads of sugar will only bring two things: sheer delight and largeness.
What does it mean to be explored?
Love,
Pops

Anonymous said...

What fun that must have been!
Adam, the sugar vacuum! Now, I am going to have to find another hiding place for my candy stash!!
love, Mom D