Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Brrr...it's cold

Adam here: The cold weather is upon us. It has been getting increasingly colder the last few days. It went from being in the mid 80's to the mid 60's overnight. Of course over here everything is in Celsius so it is even colder, like 1os or 12's or something crazy like that. I don't really know. I'm still adjusting. Laura keeps telling me, "it isn't crazy, it is just different." She is so loving in her correction of me. Anyway, this morning when we were leaving for school we found our car had turned into an ice cube over night. There was ice frozen all over it. Thinking fast, I ran inside to get our bucket of dryer water to dump over it to thaw the ice. There are no hoses. It rains too much to have to water anything. We don't have an ice scrapper yet. And here, all the water from the clothes dryer is collected into a bucket. Since we don't waste anything here, I used that water to clear the windows. Don't worry, I already gave myself a pat on the back for my quick intellect. Now if only I could think of a way to prepare for tomorrow morning.

In other news: You might notice that Laura posted a new picture of us standing in front of a very old looking bridge. That was take in Luzern, Switzerland. Mr. Post, the Jr. High history teacher is also a pastor of an international church in Luzern. (He is also the father of one of my sophomores.) His wife invited us to attend church with them on Sunday so we went along. It was about an hour drive out there. The church service was very nice. We wished it was a little closer, we thing we would have liked getting involved there. After the service the Post family walked us around Luzern and showed us all of the sites. That bridge in the background is still mostly original and is something like 500 years old. That's all for now. Thanks for reading!

No comments: