Monday, June 9, 2008

Cameras and Knives

This weekend was more than busy- it was a little crazy! We successfully sold and delivered our spare bed (thanks Lindsey!), I went on a school field trip to a winery in Temecula (I love culinary school!), Adam served as a personal photographer for hire at a high school graduation and I catered a graduation party with food for 85!

Sunday afternoon as we were walking to the car, Adam prayed out loud, "Please bless and guide my camera today." We have gotten in the habit of praying over the camera whenever he shoots a wedding or other special event. It seems appropriate to lift it to the Lord in prayer when you are the sole documenter of such a special event. Sunday was no different.

Except it was the first time we prayed over my knife. I prayed the same prayer,"Please bless and guide my knife and hands today." And bless He did! Short of one small splinter from skewering 40 pounds of meat, I returned home will all of my fingers. I worked harder than I have in a long time, but it was a lot of fun!

It was so great Sunday evening to flop into bed and realize that although we were both exhausted, we had both spent the day earning some money doing something we love.

3 comments:

Robin said...

I laughed aloud when I read this. You had better blog from Winnipeg and explain how wonderful my hometown/ Motherland is! Can't wait to see you on Canadian soil!

Anonymous said...

Sheryl wanted to leave this comment but forgot her password!! So, I'll leave it for her.
"Is that Laura touching MEAT!?!"

Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Love & prayers, Mom B.

Adam and Laura said...

It is Laura touching meat... 40 pounds of it. And this is after she cut it all up and put it in the marinade!