Saturday, April 26, 2008

Add it to the list...

We have been hit with a heat wave here in sunny So Cal... it hit 90 degrees in our apartment this evening (something we do not anticipate missing in Germany!).

Adam and I have been thinking a lot about all that we have ahead of us before we land in Germany. We have A LOT of support to raise; a household full of stuff to sort, pack, donate, sell and store; curriculum to review; training to attend; and a very full schedule of life to live in the meantime. Whenever I think of another thing to be done, another supply to purchase, letter to mail, call to make, meeting to schedule, questions to ask, I think "add it to the list". And may I just say, the list is quite long.

It seems overwhelming- all that we have to do in the next 3 months (count them... May, June, July, just 3 months!). And yet, the Lord has been gracious to us. When I feel overwhelmed, Adam is calm; when Adam was overwhelmed, I was calm. I am looking forward to when the anxiety returns to Adam's nerves and I can go back to being calm, cool, and collected. But until then, I find myself driven to my knees in prayer at least every 10 minutes throughout the day. I hand my worries over to the Lord, and then 1o minutes later, I hand them over again since at some point I took them back. The load is a heavy burden to carry. We plead with the Lord daily to provide our support- 80% pledged before we will be allowed to purchase our plane tickets to be in Germany by August 1st. We pray that the Lord will be, even now, working out the millions of details and providing answers for our endless list of questions that stand between us and the mission field of students at Black Forest Academy.

Thank you to those of you who have offered support and are already lifting us up in prayer. I feel as if all I need is a little bit of progress to return the wind to my sails.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'll look back on these days and think that wasn't so bad.
Keep the faith moment by moment, our dear Lord will be faithful in guiding your steps.
Mom D