Friday, January 15, 2010

what just happened here?

My Friday was going splendidly. I was getting a ton of stuff done and feeling pretty good about it...
-I went to the library and got a library card. I checked out two books. One about child bearing and a biography. To remind me that I am more than just a baby carrier.
-I went to the Dollar Store and got a great deal on plastic storage containers for my new cooking venture. I cook and deliver dinner to a family two nights a week. Just finished my first week.
-I finished writing all of the thank you cards from my amazing baby shower last weekend. 37 in less than a week, thank you very much!
-I folded and put away a load of laundry.
-I walked the dog for 25 minutes around the neighborhood. Makes him feel loved and me feel like I am not putting on a million pounds with this baby!
-I put 14 pounds of pork roast into two crock pots for our "Once a Month Cooking" excitement tomorrow morning. We make 16 meals and freeze them to be used at our leisure. I know, how very domestic goddess of us!

However, it is this pork that gave my day a little more excitement than I was expecting. I took the lids off, just to check the pork, and thought "I should flip that roast over so all of the saucy goodness can soak into the top side". Makes sense, right? So, the first one flipped like a charm. The second one did not flip but rather belly flopped back into the hot, juicy goodness sending it like a geyser all over the counter and down my front. And to make matters worse, it was so hot that as it soaked into my sock, it burned my toes. That's right... the pork juice burned my toes! I am now sitting here in pajamas (because my one pair of prego jeans went straight into the washing machine) with a burnt foot telling all of you about my horrible crock pot experience.

2 comments:

Andrew & Danica said...

Major bummer when the pork fights back

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a Michael-burning his-foot-in-a-George-Foreman-grill
story. Glad you're okay. love, Mom D