Tuesday, October 19, 2010

 As Halloween draws near, the great costume debate has been poked and prodded by my lovely wife and myself.  We've briefly talked about the subject a few times, only to move on to more palatable discussions.  Well, that might sound a little harsh, it's not like you're a sinner if you allow your kids to dress up.  They'll probably go straight to Hell, but hey, its for candy.  I kid! 

I grew up going to fall festivals at church and trick-or-treating around the neighborhood.  Then my parents went crazy with their extreme conservatism and we boycotted Halloween.  Instead of a night around the neighborhood, we packed up and went to a hotel for the evening.  I don't know if my parents planned for this side effect, but Halloween became to coolest holiday ever!  We played in the pool, ran around like, um...kids on a sugar high in the sauna and steam room, spent hours going up and down the elevators, and, of course, watching cable TV.  Ah, those were good days. 

Laura's parents allowed her to dress up and trick-or-treat.  No "hiding from the devil" in the Bostwick household. 

But now that we have our little one, we must start making-AHHH!- grown up decisions.  Do we dress up our little Garrett and risk people thinking we dabble in witchcraft?  Or do we sideline him from all the fun?  Oh, decisions!*

We'll keep you posted as we figure this issue out.  Until then, we will celebrate the fall.  Here are some precious photos of our precious son!







*No feelings were meant to be harmed in the making of this post.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought it was pretty funny. Not Garrett, of course. He's a stud.
The best part now is that on Halloween we just turn off all the lights and hide out. Now, that's fun.
Pops

Anonymous said...

Once I can stop laughing, I'll decide if my feelings are hurt!

Those alternative events are great memories for me, as well.

Gigi

Anonymous said...

One other thing, Adam.

Please, get me copies of those pics.

They're wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Elevator races are one of my favorite childhood memories...that said I think you should dress him up as Antoine Dodson, see if Laura will go for that...

Rickles

ps. studly pictures

grandma b said...

I love the pumpkin pictures. I am just a little surprised that he is not chowing down on it. I really like picture #3. Such a sweet smile.

grandma b again said...

No, I mean pic #4.