Sunday, June 6, 2010

I know what you are thinking...

that woman is spectacular!


She makes cheesecake, chocolate cheesecake, chocolate souffle cupcakes with mint whipped cream, chocolate cake dips, delicious corn, delicious sticks.  But all those desserts are just the icing on the cake!

Ha!

Icing on the cake...desserts..get it?  She is spectacular because she'd also laugh at that joke.  Or at least laugh at me while looking at me in a loving/pitying way.

This woman is spectacular because she is a master of finances, keeping our household in the black and still finding ways for us to have a few occasional treats. 

She makes my lunches during the week.

She enjoys going to book stores.

She enjoys making delicious dinners.

She is so darn cute!

But mostly she is spectacular because she is an incredible mother.  This weekend I've been able to see first hand, many times, just how good she is at mothering.  She has been having "tummy time" with Garrett every day and helping him prepare for rolling over.  If it was left to me I don't think I'd ever think of such a thing.  I'd just keep placing him on his back and expect him to just one day figure it out. 

She has conversations with Garrett.  She narrates her day to our son and tells him all sorts of interesting things.  I'd just stare at him hoping he would smile soon. 

She named the stuffed animals in Garrett's room and has him play with them.  I'd never think to do that. 

Last night, Laura, judge at the church's chili cook-off, was smart enough (and kind enough) to thrill many women by passing him around.  She said she was socializing him.  Garrett needs to be used to the arms of others, not just Mommy and Daddy. 

She is spectacular because, not only is she a great mom, she still makes time to take Bobby out on a walk everyday. 





I love this woman!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Thanks, Laura, for making my son so happy and I concur, you are a great mother.
The pictures of beautiful. I would love a print of the last one.
Mom D

grandma B. said...

Great pictures & commentary. She is a great mommy & wife. I love those pictures of her and Garrett. The last one melts my heart. Thanks for the posting.
I agree with Connie. I need a print of them for myself.
Love ya, Grandma B

bygproductions said...

What a sweet husband.