Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Dinner Party

I was privileged to cater another party last weekend. The elders of our church threw a Christmas party for the staff. 40 people we invited.

The menu was as follows:

Hot Appetizer
Roasted Tomato Soup
a delicious blend of roasted tomatoes, onion, and garlic pureed with herbs and cream to bring you comfort in a bowl

Cold Appetizer
Autumn Salad
mixed greens tossed with pears, red onion, Gorgonzola, candied pecans, and finished with a red wine vinaigrette

Entree
Stuffed Pork Tenderloin alongside Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
pork tenderloin stuffed with apricots and cranberries- fruity, flavorful and festive

Dessert
Trio of Cake Dips
dark chocolate covered cheesecake, triple chocolate with mint, and white chocolate pumpkin spice

I am happy to report that even at nearly 6 months pregnant, I kept up with Jen (my most amazing assistant EVER) in the kitchen. Although by the end of the evening I had developed quite a maternity waddle and I was unable to stand in the shower. But, the evening was very well-received and we were bestowed with many compliments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura, the dinner sounded so wonderful.
Maybe you can make us the tomato soup when you're home. love, C

Jenn K. said...

You are amazing. Thanks for posting. It makes me happy to see unread posts in my google reader by you or Adam. It reminds me how infrequently I see you. Six months along already? Wow! I'd love to get together next week even if it is briefly for coffee or hanging out with you and your family or Adam's family.