Thursday, March 26, 2009

Summer Opportunity

Laura here...
Here at BFA, our primary focus is missionary kids. So, when school is out for breaks, it is a little bare around Kandern. However, in the summer, a whole new flury of activity picks up where the students left off. JanzTeam operates English camps right in BFA's dorms.
And they need you!

They need adults, 19 years and older to help share the love of Jesus Christ, and its transforming power with German teenagers. They need vounteers to:
  • lead small groups
  • teach English
  • lead games and activities
  • present Bible messages
  • cook (guess where I hope to volunteer!)
  • lead worship

Rumor has it that they are especially in need of male counselors.

Camps run from July 12-26 and July 26-Aug 10th. Camps are 10 days, preceeded by 4 days of training.

Cost is your plane ticket and $400-500 for room and board. Family discounts may apply.

Come and help-- we'll cook American food for German teenagers for 2 weeks!

For more information, let me know and I will put you in contact with "the powers that be".

3 comments:

Robin said...

Sounds like so much fun. Too bad I'll be having a baby one of those weeks. Ha Ha! Just kidding. I'm so excited for baby, can't wait for you to come home and see her. Wish we could come see you!

Anonymous said...

Robin, I didn't know you were expecting. Congratulations!
I hope it all goes well.

Well, we'll be there in April and Tom's a male and he is always ready to give his two cents, or, counseling!
love, Mom D

Anonymous said...

Oh, if I had only known last September when I made my vacation requests. But as far as my two cents worth...
Love,
Pops